0

Aquino said whenever there was a problem, he got the “right, the duty and the ability to make any government agency take action” but “maybe what I will miss most is my interaction with the people.” The President noted how time has flown by so fast when they thought six years would be too long, especially with the many problems they had to deal with. He recalled a waiter in Malacañang telling him: “Sir, sandali lang ‘yan (that would be quick),” referring to his term. “Now that it is ending, it really feels too fast,” Aquino said in an interview with Radio TV Malacañang.
Aquino thanked his bosses for standing by him the past six years and reiterated it was a great honor to have been given the mandate to serve a noble race. “In all the challenges I faced, because I was certain that you were all behind me, we were able to overcome everything that came to us and maybe we can say, it can be our source of pride that other countries now look at us, finally, the Philippines that was the Sick Man of Asia, as a role model of quite a number,” the President said. “All of these will not happen if not for you,” Aquino said.

The President said in jest he would go back to their family home on Times Street in Quezon City on June 30 with a big smile on his face because of lesser responsibilities. Aquino also said he would have to get used to living in their house again, adding he expected to feel sentimental once he returned there, so his sisters had it remodeled. He said there was no time to grieve when his mother, former president Corazon Aquino, died in August of 2009 because he decided to run for the highest office of the land 40 days after her funeral. “If I will go back to the house in its old form, every corner, every part, everything that is in there will remind me of the many chapters of our family life,” Aquino said. Aquino described the house and its various rooms – like the room of his late parents, the area where his father’s funeral was held, the dining room where they had a lot of conversations and meetings, the kitchen where his mother cooked a lot of hearty dishes and even the garden that she herself tended to personally – that would make him emotional. “So I might not do anything more but be sentimental and reminisce. My siblings fixed it and then I would organize it,” Aquino said. The President also said he would go back to various places serving his “comfort food” with less security. “Before I would go (out), I would get a hamburger from Tropical Hut alone… Maybe it will just be me and my driver, and since it will be just the two of us, there will be less expenses,” he remarked.

Post a Comment

Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by DailyNewsInquirer.ml Enhanced by DNI.ml

 
Top